I just couldn't help myself

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Went to Lowes for a few things and found this guy sitting off to the side with another just like it. It's stunning! From a little reading, it's a "Tropicana variegated canna". There are several varieties of variegated cannas, and dang it, nowe I'm going to have to find them all! Most notable for me are the Stuttgart, which matches my Florida variegated banana with white stripes, and the king Humbert, which is green with random broad maroon sections.

These are absolutely stunning plants and fascinating to watch as they shoot up. I already have 3 varieties of canna (4 now), but I might thin a few patches to mix a few of these in.
20170607_153401.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I can understand how you feel... I feel like that all the times...

That is a cracking plant.. Good investment.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A plant I grow ....will make 7' plus by mid summer and flower until late autumn here. Cannas are stunning plants vette-kid (y) They make large widespreading clumps

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, a most beautiful plant and, perhaps, my favourite Canna. Its flowers are orange and accent the dramatic foliage most nicely.
The correct name is Canna x 'Phasion', but it is often sold by several synonyms: Canna x 'Durban' or Canna x 'Tropicanna'.

Another similar Canna with finely striped, green & white leaves, and orange flowers is Canna x 'Bengal Tiger'.
It also is frequently sold under synonymous names, either Canna x 'Pretoria' or Canna x 'Tropicanna Gold'.

Ask a Question