I have a pecan tree with weird things growing on the leaves.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a pecan tree growing in my backyard. Recently, I went out to take a look at it and saw these weird things growing on the leaves. The leaves are partially chewed and some what rolled up. They have these green lump looking things all over them. Does any one know what this could be?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hmm, I don't know, but it doesn't sound good. Have you had Gypsy moths yet in your area? They can be very destructive to trees. However, there might be some kind of disease that is specific to pecan trees. I hope you figure out what it is and can treat it accordingly. This sounds like something you need to nip in the bud.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hmm, I don't know, but it doesn't sound good. Have you had Gypsy moths yet in your area? They can be very destructive to trees. However, there might be some kind of disease that is specific to pecan trees. I hope you figure out what it is and can treat it accordingly. This sounds like something you need to nip in the bud.
Sounds like two different things. Bag worms and galls. A picture is worth a thousand words

Ask a Question