I hate Asian Jasmine

Reaction score
Country
United States
It amazes me that people plant this stuff... on purpose! It's growing faster than I can dig it up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It amazes me that people plant this stuff... on purpose! It's growing faster than I can dig it up.
LOL I'm shipping a box of pennywort to a friend to plant in her pond. It's weird what some areas consider PITA's people pay good money for elsewhere.
Now I'm going to go google Asian Jasmine and see if I want any... Lol

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've never met her, does she charge too much? :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
LOL I'm shipping a box of pennywort to a friend to plant in her pond. It's weird what some areas consider PITA's people pay good money for elsewhere.
Now I'm going to go google Asian Jasmine and see if I want any... Lol

I only hate it because I don't want it and it won't go away. If you put any asian jasmine out, keep it tended. It gets out of hand fast. I inherited a back yard full of it.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I had to look Asian Jasmine up; found this:

http://www.wildflower.org/expert/show.php?id=5109

I too hate Creeping Charlie. In northern states, it is non-native, invasive, aggressive, and almost impossible to get rid of.

Love it over here, called Ground Ivy here, forms small clumps in hedgerows and doesn't seem invasive at all.

Must be an advantage its found over your side of the pond?

Makes a really good tea if you got a bad chest and used to be used to flavour ale before hops were discovered.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had to look Asian Jasmine up; found this:

http://www.wildflower.org/expert/show.php?id=5109

I too hate Creeping Charlie. In northern states, it is non-native, invasive, aggressive, and almost impossible to get rid of.
I read this a few days ago. It's going to take a large scale mission to clear out what I have. It's around a bunch of plants I want to keep, so chems is out. Gonna have to just gather up the kids and go to town on it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Love it over here, called Ground Ivy here, forms small clumps in hedgerows and doesn't seem invasive at all.

Must be an advantage its found over your side of the pond?

Makes a really good tea if you got a bad chest and used to be used to flavour ale before hops were discovered.

Yes, I've read of the medicinal benefits, and it is not an unattractive plant. Problem is, when it takes hold, it spreads everywhere and is nearly impossible to eradicate.

Ask a Question