I got a visitor today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I saw a black butterfly in our garden today. I was at the window, so I don't know if the pictures I took are recognizable. Here in my country, it is believed that butterflies are the souls of departed loved ones. This is essentially creepy because my uncles passed away about two days ago.

2pq03k6.jpg

2ykzz4p.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm very sorry for your loss, Helagumamela.
The butterfly is beautiful, I've never seen anything like it in person. I don't think we have black butterflies here.

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your uncle helagumamela - hope you are okay.

Although we have an abundance of many different kinds of butterfly where I live - I have to admit that - as of yet I've never seen a black butterfly and as I would really love to see one for real - thank you so much for sharing your sighting of it - as I think that your black butterfly is truly spectacular and I have to say - so are the extremely healthy looking plants in the same vicinity as the butterfly :)

I may however have to start seeing butterflies in a totally different way now - especially as the appearance of yours does under the circumstance - sound rather creepy to me too.

Reaction score
My condolences! My aunt died recently as well, she died just last Sunday. I hope you guys are ok! As for the butterfly, we have a similar belief over here, we don't really like to see black butterflies around the house! People here believes they have something to do with death.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Thank you, everyone. :)

The butterfly was gone after I took this picture. Really spooky in a way. I do hope that more butterflies will show up at the house. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
I saw one today. It is a bit rare to see this kind of butterfly around here:

6Ssumbn.png

Whenever I see one the first thing I do is to grab my camera as fast as possible.
ZEA66fA.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I saw one today. It is a bit rare to see this kind of butterfly around here:

6Ssumbn.png

Whenever I see one the first thing I do is to grab my camera as fast as possible.
ZEA66fA.png

The pattern on the wings of that butterfly is very beautiful. I haven't seen one like that before. :) You are very lucky to see something as rare as this!

Reaction score
The photos are beautiful. Your plants are lovely and that's an unusual butterfly. I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Ask a Question