I feel like a kid in a candy shop

Reaction score
I have always had a love for plants, flowers and anything for a garden. Unfortunately, I have yet to aquire a 'green thumb'.

I always look forward to our frequent trips to the local garden shop or Home Depot's garden section. The moment I am inside I feel like a kid in a candy shop. :p So many plants, garden tools and gadgets, flowers, and more. I love looking at the small garden statues and herbs. And the flowers, trees, and shrubs. Then I daydream about putting in a small fountain.

What is your favorite part about shopping for your garden?

Reaction score
I usually have a blast daydreaming about water features..Ponds, fountains, the whole mess. One of these days I'm actually going to be able to do something like that. I like the idea of doing an herb garden maze, too. I could also go for having a small grove of apple or pear trees, and a couple of weeping cherries in the front yard.

I'm like you. If I get in a nursery or garden shop and I'm in the right mood, I can get lost in there for hours.

Reaction score
Lilley I was like you, crazy about gardening and killing every plant in sight. But my father was patient with me and let me grow my own stuff. Now people say that I can bring the dead back to life.. it is just a process of learning.
I love the herb section of the garden shop, I go crazy over fancy containers and garden statues. I love fountains too,.. but the fact that I have no space stops me from wasting a lot of money. I am happy looking at the stuff. currently.. i don't know if I will be able to contain myself when I have some space to call my own.

Reaction score
i love to browse but browsing stresses me out too, im to indecisive and i always desire plants i've killed in the past.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love garden shops, I could spend long hours there. I always run to miniature roses section - they're my favorite plants and although I'm running out of space, I still want to have more and more of them. Not very reasonable, I know, but I can't help myself:p
I also like buying fertilizers because thanks to them my roses grow so fast:)

Reaction score
i love to browse but browsing stresses me out too, im to indecisive and i always desire plants i've killed in the past.
Oh no! I have always killed plants too and even led myself to believe I had a black thumb. I'm still quite new to this forum but they have encouraged me to try gardening again. With everyone's helpful tips, I am proud to say that my thumb is now turning green! :D

I just started my first herb garden from seeds. I am growing Sage, Rosemary, Oregano and Lavender. They all seem to be growing well except the Rosemary. I even have Catnip growing from seeds for my cat. It is very slow so there is a possibility I've done something wrong.

So, give yourself a little more credit. If I can grow an herb and plants from seeds, I am sure you can too! ;)

Reaction score
I am trying this year, previously I would give up on the flowers but Im tried of it. I want a beautiful lawn to escape to.

Reaction score
I also want a beautiful lawn and garden to escape to. Start small and look for plants and shrubs that cater to your lifestyle. Since I don't have an irrigation system and have very little time to water I found plants that were drought resistant. Luckily, they were also freeze resistant since I am horrible about covering them from the cold. I don't know if there are any hardy flowers. I have Jasmines that seem to do great. I never water them and they always bloom. Maybe I just got lucky with them and the location I planted them.

Ask a Question