I drew my fern, let me know what do you think!

ELkaos

Nature Artist
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Fern.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Looks very good - journalistic rather than creative! Good if you want to be an illustrator for botany. Hope you get offer for jobs! Keep up the good work!

ELkaos

Nature Artist
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
When i was finishing college that was something i was very interested in (botanic cientific drawing) although i couldn't find much in that area, i didn't know where to start nor how to find a job there, so i opted on doing creative art, but of course, the cientific drawings had a good influence upon my artistic work.
I still have some more realistic plant drawing done in bic ballpoint that i can share if you want!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
When i was finishing college that was something i was very interested in (botanic cientific drawing) although i couldn't find much in that area, i didn't know where to start nor how to find a job there, so i opted on doing creative art, but of course, the cientific drawings had a good influence upon my artistic work.
I still have some more realistic plant drawing done in bic ballpoint that i can share if you want!

You could colour them. A lot of people want to paint irises - their translucency, velvety sheen. Really is fantastic. Hope you're very happy in your calling.

ELkaos

Nature Artist
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
You could colour them. A lot of people want to paint irises - their translucency, velvety sheen. Really is fantastic. Hope you're very happy in your calling.
I'm not a big fan of color, i played a lot with it in the past but i evolved to prefer black and white. For example i love the work of Karl Blossfeldt.

Ask a Question