I don't know what happened!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I had posted on here before about the Impatiens Hanging basket I had. It looked quite nice for a few weeks, then we had some hot dry weather, and they started to wilt. I was tempted to add some sort of fertilzer but on the advice of someone here I did nothing.they rebounded .then we got some heavy rains..and now the flowers are gone and everything looks completely dead. I am not happy as I paid good money for these...and the location'sunlight etc. seemed pretty good. I have some of the same type of flowers in a pot that seem to be doing well..I guess I may transplant some of them. sniff! I wonder since hanging baskets have no drainage holes...this might have been the problem.

Brandie

Mandrake Momma
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Likely. Also, going from one extreme to the next (hot/dry to drenched) is shocking to the delicate impatien. Must have drainage.

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think @Brandie is right; the plants experienced two extreme weathers and that may have been the cause of their demise.

I hope you have the problem solved soon.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My garden went to hell after all my hardwork. We had 4 days of drenching rain followed by heat of 101 to 108 degrees. My plants have mostly died off. It has been such a disappointing gardeen seanon. Maybe my fall garden will lift my spirit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yes, well I was not happy at all. So many of the stores sell those hanging baskets..but I think they really need to be in an area where they are not subject to to the full effect of the weather. I just hated that happened. Also, I don't know why they can't sell those baskets with a hole available in the bottom to keep things like this from happening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My garden went to hell after all my hardwork. We had 4 days of drenching rain followed by heat of 101 to 108 degrees. My plants have mostly died off. It has been such a disappointing gardeen seanon. Maybe my fall garden will lift my spirit.
I think you will have years like that from time to time. It hasn't been quite that hot here, but we have had periods of drenching rain, and not a lot of sun. I may "shudder" have to buy some plastic or silk flowers. Desperate times call for desperate measures! I guess you could say.

Ask a Question