I did some repotting today...

Reaction score
Here are some of my indoor babies :)
succulent1.JPG

Reaction score
I still have more to repot and bring in, now that the weather is cooling off. We're getting uncomfortably close to 0 degrees Celsius some nights.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Ooh, I wish you were available to help with my repotting ;) I've got so much to do.

I've got a lot of seedlings and cuttings that I'm growing to become bonsai at some stage in the future and they're in desperate need of a move into bigger pots. I'm so overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to do that I can't even bring myself to start.

Are those cuttings in the last photo? I really like the look of the little greenhouse you've got them growing in. I can never find something the right size to keep some of my bigger cuttings in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I feel like I am always repotting! Today it was the gerbera daisy. I realized recently that there were actually two plants in the container, but it was in bloom so I wanted to wait before disturbing it. Of course today when I was separating the plants I found a new little bud (yay!). I also repotted some young basil plants that needed to be separated and a few other things.

Reaction score
Ooh, I wish you were available to help with my repotting ;) I've got so much to do.

I've got a lot of seedlings and cuttings that I'm growing to become bonsai at some stage in the future and they're in desperate need of a move into bigger pots. I'm so overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to do that I can't even bring myself to start.

Are those cuttings in the last photo? I really like the look of the little greenhouse you've got them growing in. I can never find something the right size to keep some of my bigger cuttings in.
I'd be happy to jump on a plane and come help! :D

Yes, there are some ivy cuttings, umbrella plant, barberry, and mojito mint. Although the mint now has roots, so it needs to be graduated out of there into a big-kid pot. I love my little greenhouse - my husband got it for me for Christmas. When I'm taking cuttings, I have a mini workbench, and table, and other little things that I put in with little plants in tiny pots. It's like being a kid again! :p

Reaction score
I feel like I am always repotting! Today it was the gerbera daisy. I realized recently that there were actually two plants in the container, but it was in bloom so I wanted to wait before disturbing it. Of course today when I was separating the plants I found a new little bud (yay!). I also repotted some young basil plants that needed to be separated and a few other things.
There never really is down-time with plants, is there? I've got a bunch more to do yet. But I love to see them all pretty and healthy, so it's more a labour of love than an obligation.

How nice, to get two for the price of one! My poor gerbera died, but I will definitely get another one to try next year. They are so pretty!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love the little greenhouse in the last picture, I find it adorable!:D
Your plants look very pretty and healthy, TheCrazyPlantLady:)

Reaction score
Thanks Claudine! I'll post a picture for you when I've got it all decked out with the mini greenhouse workbench and plants this winter - it's like being a kid again and playing with a dollhouse. Only better :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I'll post a picture for you when I've got it all decked out with the mini greenhouse workbench and plants this winter - it's like being a kid again and playing with a dollhouse. Only better :D

I can't wait to see it. I've always wanted a terrarium but never had the time or space to set one up. What you describe sounds even more interesting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Did someone say mojito? What time is happy hour? LOL

When I separated the daisy plants I pulled away a leaf to look at something I thought was a web-nest, but realized it was part of the plant and where new growth came in. I noticed the leaf I removed seemed to have roots coming from it so I stuck the leaf in the soil of the new container and put the plant in the shade, It didn't wilt so I am hopefull.

Ask a Question