I couldn't help it lol

Reaction score
I took a bunch of pictures today and I can't help myself, I had to share them with my fellow gardeners.....the hard part is narrowing it down to just a few :>)

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

More to come.....................

j.w

Reaction score
You have lots of nice plants! Like that idea w/ the old satellite dish and all the antique relics you have placed around the property. What part of Cali do you live in?

Reaction score
Dr. Case, I live on 20 acres so I do have a pretty big yard...backyard is 5000+ sq ft. Problem is, where do I stop....told myself I'm not buying anymore plants this year, only doing cuttings and dividing. The gardening magazines have started coming and I've already made a list of things I want....I need to stop LOL.

j.w I am located at the southern end of the central valley of Cali...not quite southern Cal, but close:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
great garden and I have 3 purple smoke trees and just last week bought 3 more at 2.99 each .They are only 2 feet tall but for that price I thought it was great .I am going to keep them in bigger pots for the summer and winter and then move them to the basement .I love old farm equipment too and out here you can pick it up every where .I bought 4 more milk cans for 5 dollars a piece .I love them for tables on the porch and even added lights to a couple of them

Reaction score
Smoke trees are pretty neat, I think that one is over 30 years old, it's been neglected and needs some pruning, but it still looks good.

I love old farm implements!!! Some of that, is stuff my husband's grandpa used on his farm years ago. My hubby is a real collector, sometimes he is lucky and finds really neat stuff, but he has also bought a few things lately too. More fun when you can get stuff for free or rock bottom prices:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Free is always better .Iam going to an etate auction here saturday at the Dehart place .I love going on auction zip to see wht auctions are out there .This auction is alot of farm stuff .I will drive around or even go to the local dump here .Seems when pople clean out houses here everything goes to the dump .I found some pretty good stuff yesterday when I went to town to make offer on another house .Not for me for friends ,don't want to jinx it but the bank has 24 hours and price is firm and final .I don't like wasting time with banks ,so take it or leave it is my attitude .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
want to keep mine more trimmed to keep them bush shaped rather than tree shaped .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have a purple plum tree that color also and was told it does not produce fruit but mine has had plums on it the last 3 years .'m not complaining the fruit is good ,but funny thig is I have neighbors that have them and there trees are older than mine and none of them have fruit ,is this just a strange tree or is it because I have other plum trees .The leaves on it are a burgandy purple color .

Reaction score
I have no idea, but when I was a kid, my parents had a fruitless mulberry tree that had lots of fruit on it every year. It didn't taste good at all and made a mess, until they finally removed it and planted something different.

Ask a Question