I Call it my Dread lock Plant

Reaction score
I bought this at Walmart and the tag did not give a name. I do not even have the tag anymore to give you the specs, but I assume it was just generalized anyways. I call it my dread lock plant because it kind of reminds me of them. I kept it on my porch until it started getting cold, then I brought him in. I would love to be able to look up more info about this plant. Also, there is this strange bud coming from the end of one of the stalks. Is it going to flower? I only see the one bud.

Attachments

• CAM00329.jpg
    CAM00329.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 618
  • CAM00330.jpg
    CAM00330.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 896

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting plant, it looks like it is a succulent. I can see why you would call it your dread lock plant. I checked my plant book and did not see anything like you plant. It is very pretty. Good luck.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good job the plant has been identified. I thought it was a succulent. I will be looking for this plant when I am out and about. It does look like something I would like in my garden.

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, thank you so much! It does look like that. I never even knew that it was going to bloom! I looked at it today and now there are tons of little buds on it. You should get one, Pat, it is quite an interesting looking plant and I love it. I'll post a picture of it in bloom, when it happens, down in the pictures board!

Reaction score
That is a really cool and unusual plant. I've never seen one of those before. I'm looking forward to your pics of it in bloom. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Well, I do not see the blooms anymore. I am not sure what happened. I did move it, so I could water it. Maybe I knocked the blooms off? I am so sad, but don't worry. If it does bloom, I'll post a picture!

Reaction score
I think it is a beautiful plant! I hope that the blooms come back. The unique name you gave it certainly fits! I can't wait to see if it blooms for you again. You will have to keep us all posted about its progress. You got yourself a winner there from Walmart!

Reaction score
What a beautiful and interesting looking plant! This is the very first time I see a plant like that, I bet it looks so interesting and beautiful when it starts blooming :)

Ask a Question