I am thankful that the pie is gone!

Reaction score
Thursday was out Thanksgiving, and I went a bit overboard!

Honestly, having three pies for just three people is a bit excessive, especially since I am a diabetic! OK, I am allowed a diet holiday once a month with my doctors blessing, so I did eat pie on Thanksgiving. Then I ate pie at bedtime because why not? For just that one day I was on a diet holiday! But, THEN I ate pie the next day just because it is so delicious.:p I never even MADE my sugar-free treat:oops:.

I am having a hard time getting back on my diet. It is a great help that my husband and son ate so much pie, so now I can focus back on lean protein and vegetables. I was good today for both breakfast and lunch..... but then I grabbed something sweet, blast it!

I am fairly sure that I can make something that tastes like pie out of that canned pumpkin, I just need the drive to experiment with making up a recipe. It also takes time, which has been in short supply as it so often is during a holiday!

Oh, well. At least ham is considered to be diabetic-friendly, and we still have delicious leftover ham! And, my husband wants to go out to eat tonight, so I can toughen up my willpower THEN and order something non-starchy!!!!!!!!!! And, not eat much bread!:cautious:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a good time and a struggle all at once :D

Good luck with getting back on track:)

Reaction score
I hear you! While I'm not diabetic, I do relate to having overeating issues. All this extra stuff around is a challenge. I love food, but know that I have to be careful. It's SO easy to allow one or two treats and then start craving them. I know my body feels better on a low-carb diet. And yet, once I let them in they want to STAY in. I don't consider myself to have any willpower, but prayer helps and knowing that getting back to normal routines does as well. Here's hoping you the best in getting back into your healthy groove!

Reaction score
Last night I went out to dinner and I managed to behave myself: I ate fish and vegetables and my allowed amount of bread. Good!

This morning I woke up hungry, so I ate extra protein which is allowed, but then I also ate a little chocolate.Ah, well, chocolate is easier on my system than most sweets!

Now I am going to go in and eat fish for lunch, because I can and because it is healthy. I will get there: once I am back in the groove my appetite will drop to where it is supposed to be!

Reaction score
OK, I cooked up about one cup of canned pumpkin with pumpkin pie spice, and an egg, and a little coffee creamer to take the place of sweetened evaporated milk. The intent was to make something that tasted like pumpkin pie filling but had almost no sugar.

I SORT of succeeded, but not really. It was perfectly edible and it made a very good bedtime snack, but it did not quite taste like pie.

My interest came from two weeks ago. On a hunch I microwaved an apple and put one tablespoon of flavored coffee creamer on it. It was wonderful! It tasted just like apple pie with ice cream, and I ate it skin and all: there was nothing left but the seeds!

I have some frozen blueberries that I can do something with. I should think about what I can do with that. I could make sugar-free pudding, make it thinner so it is a sauce, and serve it over blueberries.and strawberries. I should think about that more!

Reaction score
Not long ago I was eating an apple that was WAY too tart. I sprinkled a little sweetener on it (I use Truvia or Stevia) and some cinnamon, drizzled it with a little water, and popped it into the microwave. It was delicious! I ended up making that several times after that, even with apples that weren't tart. It was actually a fruit my husband would eat.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I want some pie or cake even. Darn canker sore wish it would pack its aching baggage and move out of my mouth. Rent is painful!

Ask a Question