Hydroponics Anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I’m curious if anyone on here has experience with hydroponics and has advice. I’m thinking to build an indoor system that can go against a wall under my skylight. But I want something very low maintenance and to make a unit in a weekend.

I’m looking for fresh organic food year round. My questions: what are your thoughts on hydroponics? Have you ever built one and if so, what experiences can you share? Is this something that you feel is desirable in a home and why? Have you seen any beautiful systems that you would suggest for indoors?
Is this something that you would consider in your own home?
Thanks,
Heather

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, Welcome to the Forum.

Hydroponic has its advantages. It can certainly save space and use less water, whether it takes less time is more debatable.

Start with a small system and see how you like it. You can choose a ready-made or go DIY if you feel up to it.

Confirm that your skylight will supply enough light, both in Winter and Summer. You may need to move your system as the angle of sunlight changes. Of course, there is always the option to supplement with grow-lights.

Last edited:

Ask a Question