Hydroponic flush solution

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hey all!
Any hydroponic expert here? I am exploring hydroponics. I recently came across hydroponic flush solutions. I googled best flush solution but there are so many out there. I want to buy one for my plants. Which flush agent would you suggest? Clearex-Botanicare, Flora Kleen-General hydroponics, Flawless Finish-Advanced nutrients or Kleanse-Cyco. I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you need to purchase a solution to flush your hydroponic system? Flushing is usually done when you need to reduce salts and contaminants in a hydroponic system. If your water quality is good, or you've already installed equipment to make it good, such as reverse osmosis, ...then do you need to buy another product? I'm sure there are special situations, but in most cases I would think not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Thank you for your help!
My produce grows bitter and unpleasant, there's lot of salt accumulation. I read that this could be eliminated by using flushing solutions. I want to buy it but don't know which one is best for broad range of plants.

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Yes I did, but my plants started wilting. It is said that flushing with plain water starve plants as it removes both essential and excess nutrients. So I was thinking of using nutrients flush solution.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure what happened, but after flushing the system you should replenish the solution with fresh nutrients. If this is done immediately following the flush, I don't think there will be a problem. I'm still sceptical about these flushing solutions, but perhaps they do have a benefit. If you do decide to try one, please do post your results on the Forum. I would be curious to hear how they worked for you.

Ask a Question