Hydrogen Peroxide In the Garden

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone had success in stopping early blight and bottom end rot with tomato plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Not with H2O2. I use more calcium oriented fertilizers to prevent blossom end rot and try to be preventative about early blight with neem oil and other sprays that have a layer that the fungi do not know how to pentrate. Alternaria Solani is very common in grasses and plants around many gardens. While one may not use a systemic fungicide on garden plants, like tomatoes, one can in fact spray the perimeter of a garden in an attempt to delay or retard the onset of such disease inside the protective ring of chemistry. It is still quite difficult as spores float on the wind looking for a moist leaf or stem. Cultural practice such as watering the base soil rather than wetting the plant also serve to delay or retard the advance of early blight

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used to get blossom end rot, then I started adding food grade Calcium Carbonate when transplanting.
I Tbsp per plant mixed in the soil. Haven't had the problem since.

Ask a Question