Hydrangea

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could someone please give me some help to try and save this Hydrangea. It is important that I try to save this, as it was a gift from someone at my late mum’s funeral to me.
Not sure if I’ve planted incorrectly or it has some form of disease, maybe just slugs???

Attachments

• 9DEA466B-E154-4183-A7A7-B50F5DD675E8.jpeg
    9DEA466B-E154-4183-A7A7-B50F5DD675E8.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I’m sorry to “meet” you on these terms and I am sorry for the loss of your mom. I am new to this forum and came for help but I can offer you a little help from what I do know. Seeing the leaves it looks like slugs or snails as they tend to nibble towards the center of the leaf. As for the flower itself I think the browning of the petals could be caused by heat. If they are wilting too often from a lack of water on hot days they could brown and shrivel. Try covering the ground under you flowers with mulch, it will hold moisture longer in the soil. I hope this helps, I have gone through many trial and errors with my aunt’s hydrangeas.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am also new to this forum. I have to admit I wasn’t watering regularly, that would account for the dry brown leaves. I have today given some fertiliser and will ensure more frequent water. We have had a period of dry weather; that doesn’t help either, however it’s something I will keep on top of. Someone did mention to me earlier to place some old rusted nails in the soil, which is meant to retain the blue colour- if it doesn’t I’m sure it’ll do it no harm!!
Many thanks for your kind words.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Please could someone please give me some help to try and save this Hydrangea. It is important that I try to save this, as it was a gift from someone at my late mum’s funeral to me.
Not sure if I’ve planted incorrectly or it has some form of disease, maybe just slugs???
Maybe it dried out? Or got too much sun? Could you mulch it to retain water? Just some thoughts....

Ask a Question