Hybernation

Reaction score
I laid in bed this morning not wanting to get up, but then I remembered, it's the end of March! I jumped out of bed with the intention of putting my peas and a few other early crops in the ground as there are finally some patches of my garden that are not covered with white sn&% (I refuse to use that 4 letter word).

My exuberance was short lived when I walked past a window and saw the night had brought a fresh load of that white stuff.:cry::mad:

Checking the weather, I see we are headed for another cold spell. I'm going back to bed. Someone wake me when it's really spring.

Reaction score
I hear you on that, its still cold and windy here in Connecticut. Happily the snow is almost gone and a few brave daffs and tulips have begun to poke out - nice to see some green. It will warm up into the 50's this week and cruel March will be gone in five more days. April is coming and in a few more weeks I maybe able to plant some early spring veggies.

Reaction score
I feel so sorry for you guys, it seems this winter was way too harsh on you. The weather is just crazy, because in Europe things seem to be too hot for this time of the year, later today they say it will be 22C in Amsterdam! That's such a record, because it's not even supposed to be this hot around this time of the year... it's odd to see this contrast! So hot where you guys live and so hot in the Netherlands!

Reaction score
It has been warm enough and the snow completely gone for 2 days now, so my husband has been out raking up nice big piles of dead grass and leaves for me.

April 6th and after my coffee I will be headed out to the garden for the first time this year. I'm going to be cutting back the ornamental grasses, then hopefully, if it's not still frozen, getting the pea seeds in.

I'm used to harsh winters, but the spring is so late in coming this year. I've yet to see any sign of the crocus popping up, but maybe when I get out and investigate I'll find they are starting to wake up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbissoon29

Latest Threads