Huge lettuce

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Once the lettuce started to bolt I ignored it. Well yesterday I decided it was time to clear out that part of the bed and get ready for something new. So that meant pulling the remaining lettuce plants and spring broccoli that finally stopped giving me side shoots.

I've never seen a lettuce take off like this before. For size reference the husband is about 6 feet tall
lettuce.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, this is a really giant lettuce! I didn't know that it can grow so big. You must have magical soil in your garden:D;)
I think it would be really great if all our vegetables were giant. I'd love to see huge green peas and tomatoes:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Its in the new raised bed which is organic soil, mushroom compost and rock dust. Everything there is growing great. Cucumbers have grown up the back of the arbor (6ft tall), over the top and coming down the front now. Zucchini plant is 4 feet tall and well over 6 feet in diameter, the corn is hitting 7 feet already. I'm going to let one zucchini keep growing to see how big I can get it

In contrast neighbors corn is under 3 feet tall and they have yet to harvest anything while we've been eating cucumbers, zucchini and tomatoes for weeks now

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, this is a really giant lettuce! I didn't know that it can grow so big. You must have magical soil in your garden:D;)
I think it would be really great if all our vegetables were giant. I'd love to see huge green peas and tomatoes:love:
It'll be inedibly bitter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
once it started to bolt and got bitter I ignored it. Didn't even dare to taste it yesterday. Just didn't expect it to get so huge

Ask a Question