How to start Rooftop Gardening

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Starting a rooftop garden needs perseverance, diligence, and careful plant choice. Learn everything there is to know about rooftop gardening, including the best plants to utilize and its advantages and disadvantages.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you looking to give advice or seeking it?
'Rooftop' can mean anything from plants in pots on an accessible flat roof to a sloping roof with an insulating 'green roof' top layer, what is your interest? I can see either being popular in a country like Bangladesh.
Just noticed this is your first post, welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Starting a rooftop garden needs perseverance, diligence, and careful plant choice. Learn everything there is to know about rooftop gardening, including the best plants to utilize and its advantages and disadvantages.
And learn how to ensure the roof can support the unplanned weight as your efforts grow!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every roof I've been on has always been hot as blazes in Summer
The OP is in Dhaka, just looked, it's raining and only 27C today, but in the 30's next week, could be quite warm up there. Mind I've been wet and cold on a few.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
My reaction is "what garden does not need or benefit from perseverance, diligence, and careful plant choice." It's all just part of the game.

Ask a Question