How to get rid of these white pests?

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

Sorry, I don't know the name of this plant. But I have recently moved to a new apartment and found this plant there not in good health. Could you please have a look at the pictures and suggest some ways of helping it?
Also, if you know the name of this plant, could you please share it?

Thanks,
Mohammad

2021-06-22 14.32.36.jpg

2021-06-22 14.32.20.jpg
2021-06-22 14.32.27.jpg
2021-06-22 14.32.30.jpg
2021-06-22 14.32.34.jpg
2021-06-22 14.32.38.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Moh - sorry to say this, but if that was my plant it would go on the bonfire I`m afraid, it seems to have so much damage I really think it's one that needs replacing. I would choose a completely different pot plant too, because in my own experience this one can be so difficult to maintain. I have actually disposed of one earlier this year - It wore me out :dead:

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
Thanks @Tetters . I agree with you but since the plant is not mine, I cannot throw it away ;-). So, I'm gonna give it a try and if it dies then I'll replace it with another one that needs less maintenance.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear Moh, the things we do for love eh ;) The thing is, if the scale gets on some other plant it WILL be like the day of the triffids:eek:
If it was a pet animal you would take it to the vet so it could be put out of its misery. Get her nice spider plant :giggle:

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
Oh that's scary. I'll give it a bit of time to revive, then I'll make the bonfire. The thing is that it's been in the house for ages. They do have other plants but they are quite far away from this one. So far they haven't been infected. I'm hoping I won't do anything wrong that makes them get it. I'll just wipe off the scales and spray Neem on it regularly and wish for the best :). Thanks, @Tetters for the suggestions :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh that's scary. I'll give it a bit of time to revive, then I'll make the bonfire. The thing is that it's been in the house for ages. They do have other plants but they are quite far away from this one. So far they haven't been infected. I'm hoping I won't do anything wrong that makes them get it. I'll just wipe off the scales and spray Neem on it regularly and wish for the best :). Thanks, @Tetters for the suggestions :).
[/QUOTE
It would be smart to CLOSELY inspect ALL of the other plant in the house and to spray them with Neem whether you think they need it or not. Once scale gets a foothold it is difficult to completely eliminate them but it can be done.

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
Thanks @Chuck . I'll do as you suggested. I'll keep monitoring other plants and keep spraying them every week for a long period to make sure everything is safe.

Ask a Question