How to deter cats?

Reaction score
Good morning all. I’ve noticed there is a Tom Cat who has taken a liking to my garden and visits during the night to do his business. I like to sit in my garden as soon as I wake up and have my coffee and he is leaving a nasty smell. He’s digging too. Does anybody have any tips on how to deter cats from gardens?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Chilli powder - good for foxes and other critters

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You could read this - definitely not on top of the leaves, crown or roots. Hope it helps!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody have any tips on how to deter cats from gardens?
You might be able to buy cat scarers it's a electronic device that gives off a sound that only cats can hear. It can be run on battery or mains. It sends out a beam of blue light and when the cat goes through it, it gives off a sound.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The ONLY thing I have used that worked is nut shells. Here in Texas pecan shells are fairly easy to obtain and folks use them as a mulch. Any nut would work except peanuts. The hard and sharp nut shells hurt the cats feet

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
If you're sitting in the lounge and you see a cat on the patio, if you attract their attenttion and then throw a cushion or magazine at the Fench windows, they usually run off.

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
There's a cat around here that isn't bothered if i shout at it or the dogs bark at when it's on our patio. I have to go outside to it by that time it has hidden in the shrubbery somewhere.

There was one cat it wouldn't move even when i went up to it, so one time i through a container of water over it, it moved then.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
On the subject of cats.

cat.png

181.jpg

Ask a Question