How often do you mow your lawn?

Reaction score
Last year, we started out mowing once every two weeks but then the more it rained, the faster the grass grew. We then went to once a week. Towards the end of the warm season, we went every three weeks.

I'm hoping we can get by with twice a month mowings but we shall see how Mother Nature factors in.

Reaction score
It all depends on how much it is raining. Where I live we have a monsoon season that can last from 1-4 months, so during that time it's often hard to find a couple of dry hours to mow the grass before it gets totally out of control. And additional problem is the sogginess of the lawn and the danger of getting bogged.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Threads about lawns always make me feel ashamed:p
My lawn is mowed once a month, I think, usually not by me. Our mower is too heavy for me. I'm a weakling;). Also, I truly like wild, weedy lawns, in my opinion it's nice to walk in tall grass.

Reaction score
I mow mine every Sunday from March to October, maybe until November on some years. I actually Haven't mowed it this year, but It's just started growing enough so I will do this Sunday, then every week until winter. I think once a fortnight is about my limit, and longer and it just starts to look like a jungle.

Reaction score
Unless we are in a drought the lawn is mowed every Saturday. Saturday's the day that is devoted to the lawn and garden. We tried to stretch it to every two weeks, but it wasn't possible. Personally I think it looks best when it is mowed every 10 days but that just isn't practical.

Reaction score
In my current house we don't even have a garden so I really don't mow my lawn. My parents do have a garden and is mostly full of grass, they mow it at least twice a month. My dad actually think that's relaxing. I will have the boyfriend do that once we move to the new house, might figure out what to do with that grass as well.. I might start composting.

Ask a Question