How do you make white sauce pasta?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Previously, I did lot of exercise with method of stirring the white sauce.

Now, I just put all ingredients into blender.(herbs, hot milk, flour)

Pour the content into thick bottom pan with previously melted butter, then add pre-boiled pasta ...

It good to go in minutes.

Caution: careful with flour to milk ratio, else blender will choke to overload.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I always make a roux from flour and butter then add the liquid (white wine, cream, milk, etc). Never heard of this blender method before, I'd give it a try but I don't have a blender! :oops:

Jan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I beat all the ingredients together with a metal whisk them pop in microwave for two minutes, you need to whisk halfway through. Make sure you have a big jug as it's up in a few seconds. No dirty saucepan and it just rinses easily off the jug.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I have a clean jar with a tight lid. I put milk in, flour, salt, pepper, put lid on. And shake, shake, shake, shake. it is all mixed well. then simply open the jar and pour slowly into melted butter, turn up the flame a little and stir as I am pouring. that is my white sauce.

However, the initial question was "how to make white sauce pasta"? never heard of "white sauce pasta". ??? reading the answers, I gather it was, how to make plain old white sauce. Yes, Becky, yours is the correct way. as one wants the roux to have a hint of browned butter to then add the milk to and continue stirring. I invented this method, because husband like gravy and a quick full proof method is the jar.

Recently, I have discovered Rice Flour. on a whim, I just grabbed a tablespoon out of the bag and sprinkled it on some bubbling dish I was making of which the juices needed a smidget thickening, and to my amazement as I stirred in the rice flour, no lumps at all. so from now on when I need gravy thickened I sprinkle in a tablespoon or two right into the bubbling gravy and its perfect.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I make it all the time. I put a couple of Tbsps of butter in the pan and when it melts I add about a Tbsp. of flour Wisked in. then add cream or milk about a cup for every Tbsp of flour. Also add salt to taste and any herbs you like along with some white wine for white sauce. About 1/3 of a cup. You can even add some pesto to make it really delicious. I getting hungry!

Ask a Question