How do you control weed?

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
How do you control weed in your garden? Do you use herbicide? Is there any organic recipe to control weed. Usually, I control weed by uprooting. However, it is a tedious process.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't use chemicals to control weeds in my garden since there were small children and dog around. I usually just pick them by hand, and try to get the roots out as much as possible. It is a tedious job, but it is safer for children and animals.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I also pull them up manually. Plus a very heavy (like 3-5 inches) inches of mulch makes a dramatic difference.

I've noticed that when perennial growth is established, weeds aren't much of a problem as there is no room for them. My preferred plants crowd weeds out.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just like the others, I pull everything by hand. With my garden, weeding is only a big task during the first year and second spring, and then my plants take over.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
Russian Federation
I planted strawberries in the holes in the fabric (cloth) mulch. The weeds will be under the fabric and will not be able to grow. I mulch the ground in the greenhouse of cut grass. Weeds love open soil. Thick mulch is our helper.

Ask a Question