How do you clean the plastic on tools?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Any cleaning tricks? I was watching a video of a fellow whitening up a overflow tank on a car and it got me started looking up sulfamic acid (H3NSO3). I have used scrubbing bubbles and this and that on weed eaters and mowers. Usually a degreaser on the 2 cycle gear. Derusting paints and acids I use on metal but usually just CLP oil unless I intend to repaint it. What do you favor?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
You got me here. Unlike my fellow millennials I prefer metal and wood tools to plastics.

What plastics are you looking to clean? I am sure each general family will have a recommended cleaner that would damage another class or family of plastic. Wild guess on mowers or weed eaters I would expect HDPE or ABS.

Pressure washer on the panels that will remove?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
You got me here. Unlike my fellow millennials I prefer metal and wood tools to plastics.

What plastics are you looking to clean? I am sure each general family will have a recommended cleaner that would damage another class or family of plastic. Wild guess on mowers or weed eaters I would expect HDPE or ABS.

Pressure washer on the panels that will remove?
I gave up pressure washing when I earned my bearing replacement degree. In those classes we learned sealed bearings are not actually sealed very well. And to the plastic question, trimmer debris sheilds, most moter housings, chainsaws etc. Mowers always get that dingy green scale look as well.

Ask a Question