How do I take the most advantage from my light bulbs?

Reaction score
Hi there! First timer in this forum.

My question is the following. I have a 2x1m space with two 400w bulbs (Mercury for vegetation, Sodium for flowering stage).

It's like this
1.png

The L represents "Light source".

Now, how much better (if any) would it be if I created a division wall in the middle, like this:
2.png

Of course both sides would be covered with a reflective metallic surface, as well as all other walls.
The thing is that doing this division is expensive and it would take two different inputs for air and two different outputs.

Do you think it's worth it?

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this, or at least some source where I can search better for this.

Thank you all in advance!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @AnOnFrank welcome to the forum, I don't think that it makes any difference. But somebody else might know more.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Drill holes for airflow and silver a temporary wall so its less hassle. You are just reflecting light so some holes as a percentage, say 10 to 20 hole area still allows reflection of 80-90%. If the steepness angle of the other far light is sufficient it probably does not matter. shredded foil mulch might serve as well.

Ask a Question