How do I care for a Pilea spruceana?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hey all, today I went shopping for boot polish and got myself a very unique looking plant. It came with no information, after some research I found out that it was a Pilea spruceana plant. I can't seem to find anything on how to take care of it, though. The main thing I need right now is to know what type of soil it likes - There are 3 plants in a small pot and I think they desperately need a bigger one. Next most important thing is knowing how much to water it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• tmp_4026-20170913_190648-908720709.jpg
    tmp_4026-20170913_190648-908720709.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 378
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Pilea does not like the bright sun and dry air. But if there is too little light, the plant can lose the bright color of the leaves. Watering should be moderate. For compactness in the spring of Pilea it is necessary pruning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
The optimal time for the use of fertilizers is the period from the beginning of spring to the end of the summer season. Throughout all these months, the intensity of feeding is once every 10 days.
Even in autumn and winter, when active growth stops, you can give fertilizer once a month.

Pilea responds very well to mineral and organic fertilizers.
I used a fertilizer for indoor plants with decorative leaves. :)

Ask a Question