How can I rejuvenate my mint?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Its been growing really slow lately. I just noticed that the yellowing leaves fell off at a gentle tug, so I removed all of the sick leaves. It's been raining a lot now. All my other plants are doing marvelous. I even have basil growing well with the same watering and light conditions. How can I jump start the mint?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think it's probably just slowing down naturally with winter (such as it is in Florida) :p approaching. No?

I live in a four-season climate with brutal frozen winters where absolutely nothing grows for 5-6 months. Yet mint comes back every year all over my lawn; it is tough stuff. I'm not actually sure it is possible to kill mint, short of napalm and flame-throwers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Its been growing really slow lately. I just noticed that the yellowing leaves fell off at a gentle tug, so I removed all of the sick leaves. It's been raining a lot now. All my other plants are doing marvelous. I even have basil growing well with the same watering and light conditions. How can I jump start the mint?
Move it to a semi-shaded area and leave it alone for about 3 months.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
It doesn't get too cold here. Currently, the highs are 80 and the lows are 76. It was doing really well until I harvested it. I just cut it before the next set of leaves.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have said it before, and I'll say it again:

Mint. :cautious: Mint. :mad: :mad: Mint, mint, MINT!!! :devil:

I never realized how invasive it is! Terrible stuff. I yanked out every plant I saw. I dug down deep and took out roots. I rototilled the garden and pulled out every leaf, stem, and root I saw. I repeated that process two weeks later. And still there was mint.

For three years now, I've done that - yank, dig, till, sift, ... rinse and repeat ...every spring. It's better, but AAUUGH!!!

Mint. :cry:

CrazyConure, mint is invincible. I firmly believe it is impossible to kill mint. (I've tried!) @Beth_B is right, and I'd try napalm, (y) but it is right next to the house. :eek:

If it's getting too much rain, you might want to move it where it will dry a bit. But you can't kill it.

:(

Ask a Question