How about cranberries?

Reaction score
Cranberry grows on trailing vines like a strawberry and they thrive on the special combination of soils and water properties found in wetlands. Cranberries grows in beds layered with sand, peat and gravel. These beds are commonly know as bogs or marshes and were originally formed as a result of glacial deposits.

Cranberries have two types of growth habits; runners (rhizomes). The cranberry plant has a fine root system that only grows in the upper 4 to 6 inches of the soil. These roots do not have rootlets and depend on mycorrhizal associations to absorb nutrients. The root systems are also very able to withstand long periods under water in the winter, which is a genetic trait of many wetland species.

Reaction score
As someone prone to bladder infections, I have been advised by a doctor to drink cranberry juice every day because of its remarkable effect in flushing infection from the bladder.

Not too keen on the stuff but if I could grow cranberrys for free then it would be a bonus.

Can I buy seed?

Reaction score
As someone prone to bladder infections, I have been advised by a doctor to drink cranberry juice every day because of its remarkable effect in flushing infection from the bladder.

Not too keen on the stuff but if I could grow cranberrys for free then it would be a bonus.

Can I buy seed?
I have heard of cranberry juice for bladder infections before and how it is suppose to flush out your bladder. i have never thought about growing cranberries before although i do drink cranberry juice I just never really gave it much thought.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I was told by my doctor that cranberries are very healthy, so I eat them often. They're good for your heart, bladder and digestive system.
I've never tried to grow them, but I would love to have a cranberry plant!:)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It sounds like you need to have a very wet area to be successful growing cranberries. From the information posted earlier it sounds like it is not a plant as usual plant, needs to be wet or weter than usual. Correct me if I'm wrong because I would like to be able to grow cranberries I love to cook with them.

Reaction score
That's one fruit I would love to grow is cranberries. Unfortunately, I can't grow them where I live. :( Cranberries are very high in antioxidants, and helps fight against infections. They're good for urinary tract infections. It's a natural blood purifier also. Drinking to much can make you light headed. So be careful drinking to much... ;)

When it comes to cranberries, I find all kinds of stuff to do with them. I like using them in making cranberry sauce, cheesecake, pie, ice cream, cake, jam, juice, and rum. You name it! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am not growing them now, but would love to in the future so I can drink the juice. I love cranberry juice and spend a small fortune on it in the grocery store. It really does keep your system clean and can help prevent bladder infections.

Reaction score
I'm not growing cranberries right now but I will some other time. It's nice to grow things inside which I'll do when the time comes. Cranberries are very healthy so I include them in my diet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I really love the bitter taste of cranberries and this is what tirns a lot of people off to them. They are really good if you mix them with other sweet berries. There is nothing that says holiday season more than fresh cranberries.

Reaction score
I'd really like to grow some. Seems like a fairly easy process. Every time I drink cranberry juice I go to the bathroom a lot. Gets a bit annoying but it's definitely good for your system. Flushes it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmarketingcompany

Latest Threads