Hot Peppers

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2015/June 2015/20 June 2015 Hot Peppers/HTML/ 20 June 2015 Hot Peppers
Purchased 8 hot pepper plants and placed in the garden.It appears the weather will be warm for the foreseeable future so they should thrive.
dsc_406920%20june%202015%20hot%20peppers_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Just check night time temperature forecasts as they don't like to be in temperatures below 50F - fleece can be used to protect them if it may drop that low. It doesn't kill them but stresses them and affects their rate of growth. They recover when the temperature rises enough. :)

All my 50 chilli plants are doing well. The outside ones are in flower and/or producing young fruits. Those in the greenhouse (unheated) are way ahead of the outside ones with pickable fruit already. (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The last two summers have been so rainy and gray none of my peppers - varieties of hot (Thai dragon, Scotch bonnet, serrano) or bell peppers did well. Too much rain and not enough sun. I haven't planted any this year. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Our red pepper had lots of fruits last month. It's a small plant but the abundant fruits afforded us to make chili sauce. But when the rains came 3 weeks ago, the pepper plant just died without warning. We still have to investigate if there are pests that ate the roots. This is the first time it happened that a fruiting pepper plant would wilt and die.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those type of peppers are the really hot ones! I saw them at the market, and just a smell I can already tell they will burn your tongue and your throat.

Ask a Question