Hot Cherry Peppers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Texas Chuck,

TEXAS CHUCK LOGO.jpg

I have some hot cherry pepper seeds from Pepper Joe's that I intend to start now. If we get a freeze during the minimal fall we have here in Texas, and I need to bring them inside for a few hours, would they survive under an LED grow light? Would that change of light source shock or harm them? I am just thinking ahead and want to be prepared.

Thanks again, Sir!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Texas Chuck,

View attachment 55554

I have some hot cherry pepper seeds from Pepper Joe's that I intend to start now. If we get a freeze during the minimal fall we have here in Texas, and I need to bring them inside for a few hours, would they survive under an LED grow light? Would that change of light source shock or harm them? I am just thinking ahead and want to be prepared.

Thanks again, Sir!
A few hours won't make a difference but a few days will. Also in the fall/winter daylight hours are shorter and the sun is lower which means that sun loving heat loving plants will struggle. It takes about 90 days from transplanting to harvest so if you plant now you should be OK. If the plants are in 50 degree weather for very long they will stop growing. Keep above about 60F. On your lights use something like a T5 which is what I use for my seedlings when I have room.

Ask a Question