'Hot Burrito' Capiscum/Chilli plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Denmark has unusually mild winters now so it would be 10b
Country
Denmark
Hey all, I am looking for advice and experience on growing this plant - watering, light, soil, all your experience would be great to read :) I originally wanted to grow it myself from the seed but it did not germinate - I tried twice but it did not work for me, so advice about growing it from the seed would be also welcome :D I, of course, read what it said on the label, but want more information from someone who grew it already:giggle:
20200509_131715.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Never heard of that variety, but with any pepper, plenty of sun and don't over water. Too much water with hot pepper varieties will lead to more mind heat. In my experience, this happens long before the plant shows signs of over watering. I had a jalapeno that lacked any heat whatsoever.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like you may want to re-pot to something larger, as I bet the roots are in need of more space, or will be soon. I second vette-kid's advice as well.

I would love to see what peppers that one produces eventually. It looks perfectly healthy to me.

As for the seed starting, I'll leave that to chuck because he has a great method and I don't want to steal his thunder. I'll try to get that variety for next year, because I love peppers!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
If i buy seeds they won't germinate but if i save some seeds from my plants they will, dry them on kitchen towel then keep them on the towel fold it up then wrap that in aluminium foil and then in clingfilm, put it in a airtight container or preferably a tin and keep that in the spare bedroom

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Denmark
If i buy seeds they won't germinate but if i save some seeds from my plants they will, dry them on kitchen towel then keep them on the towel fold it up then wrap that in aluminium foil and then in clingfilm, put it in a airtight container or preferably a tin and keep that in the spare bedroom
Seeds are good, I bought them from a gardener and got it confirmed that they are good from another person. It seems though, that the soil was wrong since I tried twice and it did not work so I was wondering about the best kind of soil when starting a chilli plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Denmark
Looks like you may want to re-pot to something larger, as I bet the roots are in need of more space, or will be soon. I second vette-kid's advice as well.

I would love to see what peppers that one produces eventually. It looks perfectly healthy to me.

As for the seed starting, I'll leave that to chuck because he has a great method and I don't want to steal his thunder. I'll try to get that variety for next year, because I love peppers!
Thanks, it is healthy as we just bought it from the plant nursery. This plants don't grow big and can be grown in pots :) this is why we got the seeds in the first place because the plant doesn't grow a lot, but we think our soil was not right for the chilli, everything else sprouted and is growing, but this chilli just won't :ROFLMAO: hence I sort of gave up and got the plant:LOL:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Seeds are good, I bought them from a gardener and got it confirmed that they are good from another person. It seems though, that the soil was wrong since I tried twice and it did not work so I was wondering about the best kind of soil when starting a chilli plant
I use a good multi purpose compost.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Denmark
I use a good multi purpose compost.
Do you maybe have a brand or a picture of it? I know we are in different countries but maybe I can find something similar then. all I looked has too much fertilizer in the soil and I read on multiple pages that for chilli it should be almost no nutrition

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Do you maybe have a brand or a picture of it? I know we are in different countries but maybe I can find something similar then. all I looked has too much fertilizer in the soil and I read on multiple pages that for chilli it should be almost no nutrition
This is the front
20200510_152851.jpg

The back
20200510_152916.jpg

I hope that helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiana

Latest Threads