Country
United States
Honey I am sorry
IMG_20200106_192916_resize_58.jpg

No baby, I really am sorry
IMG_20200106_192927_resize_30.jpg

I love you baby, with all my heart.

IMG_20200106_192921_resize_46.jpg

Plus I cooked a special dinner. Not in a special outfit, just special dinner. I think I am back in her good graces again but after so many years I work harder to be sure. I thought they were pretty, and I appreciate an experienced florist who knew how to help me get my feet out of my mouth. I aspire to the day when I understand how to work with flowers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Ok for curious cats, I bribed the waiter\bartender so we did not have to wait on a busy Longhorn Steakhouse Saturday night. She left and went back up front to wait. Not a huge deal but I was snippy because I had been working all day and just wanted a quick nice dinner with my wife without drama. So much for simple plans.

So I cooked dinner. Shallots and garlic chicken breast in the cast iron pan with red and yellow peppers. Sauted broccolli and asparagus with baked potatoes. I tried a tangerine dessert but orange rolls with icing was better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
When I worked as a florist I loved it when husbands and boyfriends came in when they were in trouble. I usually asked them how much trouble they were in (jokingly) so I knew how much they should spend! One poor guy came in at 9PM on Valentines Day to buy roses (fat chance that time of day!) because he forgot it was Valentines Day. I imagine he paid for that for a LONG time!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
A really great effort!

On the subject of flowers...

Because of my wife's disability, I do the shopping every week.

I always buy her a bunch of £5 white or yellow roses, when I pick up a couple of items in Tescos.

I bring them home with the rest of the shopping from the many stores to which she sends me for other stuff and put the flowers on the work surface next to the sink. She puts all the stuff away in the "right places," fridge,freezer, cupboard, drawer etc., and sorts out the flowers later. By which time I've gone to do something or other in another room, the garage, shed, or garden.

I've been doing this so long, the flowers would only get a mention if Tescos were out of stock, or I'd forgotten to get them.

When you think about it, I'm spending £250 a year on flowers... and you've seen our garden....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
A really great effort!

On the subject of flowers...

Because of my wife's disability, I do the shopping every week.

I always buy her a bunch of £5 white or yellow roses, when I pick up a couple of items in Tescos.

I bring them home with the rest of the shopping from the many stores to which she sends me for other stuff and put the flowers on the work surface next to the sink. She puts all the stuff away in the "right places," fridge,freezer, cupboard, drawer etc., and sorts out the flowers later. By which time I've gone to do something or other in another room, the garage, shed, or garden.

I've been doing this so long, the flowers would only get a mention if Tescos were out of stock, or I'd forgotten to get them.

When you think about it, I'm spending £250 a year on flowers... and you've seen our garden....
It is funny you would mention that because I found grocery store roses and would bring them home for the longest time. They quit carrying them but B mentioned those roses and made me smile inside.

Ask a Question