Honest Abe said, "You can't ALWAYS trust what........

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
.....you read on the internet". Sooooo, keeping Abe's words of wisdom in mind, I have been having an extraordinary problem with pests this year.....borers and horn worms in my tomatoes, some kind of pests eating tiny holes in my okra leaves, eggplant leaves, tomato leaves, bug stings on EVERY bean....yada, yada, yada. Today, a co-worker showed me an internet article which said to put slices of cucumbers in a small aluminum pan or aluminum plate and place around the garden to repel garden pests all year. SUPPOSEDLY, the interaction of the cucumber being in contact with the aluminum creates bad mojo for bugs. Does anyone have ANY thoughts on the possible validity of this "remedy"?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
ROFLMAO..............................You need 3 things. Spinosad, Bt and Neem. Every thing you are describing will be controlled by these three products...............if you use them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's some underlying issue to have bugs that bad on all those plants. Can you post a photo of the plants and area that have a infestation?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The okra......
20200609_154125.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That looks like snail and slug damage. It also looks very wet. If it is slugs or snails or pill bugs SluggoPlus is what you want. Those three pests are about the only ones that spinosad, neem or Bt will not fix.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That looks like snail and slug damage. It also looks very wet. If it is slugs or snails or pill bugs SluggoPlus is what you want. Those three pests are about the only ones that spinosad, neem or Bt will not fix.
Chuck, I have suspected snails and slugs.....and I have been seeing the occasional pill bug. It looks wet because we have had between 3 and 4 inches of rain in the last 7-10 days....most of which has fallen in the last 4 days, with more predicted for the rest of this week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Chuck, I have suspected snails and slugs.....and I have been seeing the occasional pill bug. It looks wet because we have had between 3 and 4 inches of rain in the last 7-10 days....most of which has fallen in the last 4 days, with more predicted for the rest of this week.
Rainy weather is great for snails. Put out the Sluggo as rain won't hurt it.

Ask a Question