Homemade Grow Box

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have started some pepper seeds in a bottom water container and placed it in a sunny window with a plastoc wrap cover.
I am wondering if it would be beneficial to add a heating pad underneath the seed tray. I have a large, standard heating pad that automatically shuts off after a period of time.
I am also considering using this method and surrounding the tray with foil lined tri-fold boards and attaching a light to the top.
Could this potentially hurt my seeds? Is there any type of bulb or environment I should avoid?

Thanks for your advice!
Kelli

Attachments

• 2.jpe
    2.jpe
    34.5 KB · Views: 392
  • 3.jpe
    3.jpe
    42.9 KB · Views: 310
Reaction score
Country
United States
What type of seeds do you intend to grow? The set-up you describe would be good for the germination of some seeds and not others. Covering your seed pots in a plastic film is particularly contentious. Some seed might benefit from the high humidity and lack of air flow but many others would succumb to damping off or other ailments.

Ask a Question