DSCN1283.JPG
DSCN1284.JPG
DSCN1285.JPG
DSCN1286.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
That looks so green, so pastoral. Are those lanes for walking, or for cars? I thought I saw the bonnet of a car in two of the photos. Are there lay-bys so cars can pass each other?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
This took me to the quote

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep".

Robert Frost

I think I have a picture or two that I took of my garden where the paths lead to nowhere.
path.jpg

spruced-garden.jpg

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That looks so green, so pastoral. Are those lanes for walking, or for cars? I thought I saw the bonnet of a car in two of the photos. Are there lay-bys so cars can pass each other?

Both, there are passing places for cars. The lanes got deeper and deeper with carts going down them in the winter, before they were tarmacked.

Yep, that's my car bonnet, I was doing a street view with the camera on top of the car :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Zigs, we have "sunken roads" here, too. They are mostly country lanes that have the soil compacted by years and years of wagon traffic. Some are so deep that they are almost invisible when standing in a field and looking across the lane.
In the battle of Antietam during our Civil War, there was a sunken road that became known as "bloody lane", for obvious reasons.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs, we have "sunken roads" here, too. They are mostly country lanes that have the soil compacted by years and years of wagon traffic. Some are so deep that they are almost invisible when standing in a field and looking across the lane.
In the battle of Antietam during our Civil War, there was a sunken road that became known as "bloody lane", for obvious reasons.

Got any pictures? :)

Reaction score
Beautiful! What a way to travel, enjoying that magnificent scenic view :love: It reminds me on an old park in my city, it was filled with trees and plants... the air in there was so freaking pure and fresh!!!

Ask a Question