Hoe Hoe Hoe,

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

No it's Not him back againn (you know the one in the red suit,)

But it is one of the very best tools if used any gardener can have,

I started today off after the greenhouse visit, hoing the rose bed, for the sake of 30ins hoing those dreaded weeks your saving yourself hours of weeding,

And when you think about the prices of hoe's they're not expensive, you have very little servicing of this tool and if looked after will last for years,
It's one tool i would by second hand as you can really inspect it to see if its what you want and as you dont have an engine or electric motor you've very little to worry about, Even the handle can be changed to a longer one if needed.
I would'nt be without the verious ones i have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
When my mother hoes her father's vegetable garden, it takes a long time for the weeds to come back.

P

Peace perfect peace

Hoe in the sun and you dont even have to pick them up "the sun sorts them out".

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi Louis
Hope your well and smiling,
when you use a hoe your really cutting off the weeds heads or just under the soil "then the roots"

well if its a cool day and late on in the day "evening time is as the norm cooler "moist" and if you've left your weeds sitting on the garden surface then they can re-root and start to grow again !!!

But if after using the hoe and its a scorcher of a day then the sun dries out all the weeds (roots and all) and these weeds just burn to death in a way.
So thats whats ment by me saying 'The sun sorts out the weeds"

The experts say lift all hoing after you've hoed and leave nothing, "it looks better and tidy & no risk of anything re-rooting".

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi Louis,
No problem, glad it's helped,
Thats the only thing ref us all living in different parts of the world hence we say things in a different way sometimes,

I have a habbit of saying "What make's your dog etc when it should be what breed"

But the good side to making a cock-up (mistake) such as this is we get to say Hi, And thats no mistake, just a nice thing.

Talk to you again soon :)

Ask a Question