Hiring professional gardener?

Reaction score
My mother is getting old and sometimes doesn't feel good and altho she has some very beautiful landscaping around her house she has let it get quite over grown with weeds this year. She also needs new woodchips and she wants some bushes taken out. Is there any website where I could find people that do basic garden care like this for her? I'm just looking for a one time thing for right now as a birthday gift to her, tho it doesn't have to happen on her birthday I would prefer it to happen in the same month which is this month.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My mother is getting old and sometimes doesn't feel good and altho she has some very beautiful landscaping around her house she has let it get quite over grown with weeds this year. She also needs new woodchips and she wants some bushes taken out. Is there any website where I could find people that do basic garden care like this for her? I'm just looking for a one time thing for right now as a birthday gift to her, tho it doesn't have to happen on her birthday I would prefer it to happen in the same month which is this month.
Only use a reputable company that is insured and has a lot of references. There are a lot of Hack and Stack so called professional gardners out there. If they don't know what they are doing it will cost you a LOT of money. Don't even think about hiring some young guy with a lawn mower and hedge clippers who was flipping burgers at McDonalds 2 weeks ago. I would look first in the yellow pages

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'd agree with Chuck that it's best to seek a reputable company. A good tip might be to keep an eye out for vans in the local area, and later on go knock on their door to ask them whether they would recommend their services.

Ask a Question