Hiding the other houses inside the city

Reaction score
I am living in Liege ( Belgium Europe) and I try to have a garden that is hiding the other houses.

Not perfect but it is improving step by step

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hi Francois, it looks like it is slowly turning into an oasis. Give it some time and you won't even be aware of your neighbours anymore. Unless they are exceptionally noisy. :)
I did a similar thing some years ago, when I was being bothered by the noise of a busy street nearby. I put in bamboo and it really worked. I think there was some psychological aspect involved as well. I swear it was immediately quieter when I planted the bamboo :)

Reaction score
home res.jpg
Here is my current home in Far North Queensland, Australia. I have to keep the plants around my house well-trimmed, otherwise I get excessive mildew inside my home. During monsoon, I am out there trimming almost every week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oasis is certainly a very good word for it! I love the Japanese Maples - and is that bamboo to the left of the pond? Bet it sounds lovely in the summer when the wind blows :)

Reaction score
Hi Francois!!!! I was very close to where you live a few days ago!!! I just came back from the Netherlands :) I must say your garden is really beautiful :)!!!! I love what you have done with all those plants and the pond! So beautiful! I specially liked your pond! Is by far one of the most beautiful ponds I have ever seen! How did you do it?!

Reaction score
That is beautiful Francois, I applaud you. We also are currently living in more of a city setting; we tend to be one of the only ones who are promoting tree and plant growth. I do not have as much space as you, so I need to reserve some space for my vegetables. I love what you what done though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Francois43, your garden is absolutely gorgeous, I can't express enough how much I like it! It's unbelievable that you managed to create it in a city. I live in a city too, unfortunately I see a lot of ugly buildings when I stand in the middle of my lawn.

Reaction score
View attachment 2321 View attachment 2319
image.jpg
Francois43, your garden is absolutely gorgeous, I can't express enough how much I like it! It's unbelievable that you managed to create it in a city. I live in a city too, unfortunately I see a lot of ugly buildings when I stand in the middle of my lawn.

Thank you
Frogs mating time today in my pond

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Reaction score
The frogs are so adorable. I like frogs and their nighttime music. Your garden is absolutely gorgeous and you can barely see the other houses. You did a fantastic job and the photos are lovely too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love frogs! I wouldn't touch them, but I love observing them, in my opinion they're adorable creatures. Near my university, there is a big pond and many frogs live in it, I often visit them:) They're tiny though, your frogs are much bigger than them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful garden Francois43, I cant imagine how much planning and imagination that must have taken! Dora, your home is lovely and looks to me like all that trimming is well worth it!

Reaction score
It looks really good and thank you for sharing your pictures with all of us. You did a great job hiding the other homes. That is an incredible garden that you created so you should be proud of yourself.

Ask a Question