doublehib.jpg
DSC03682.JPG
hibiisucs.jpg
mustardshflr.jpg
redshflr.jpg
004.JPG
1004.jpg
camera 661.jpg
I have planted hibiscus - also known as shoe flowers - all along one side of my compound. They are perennials and yield throughout the year rain or shine. They last on the plant just for a day. Here are a few/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
So, that's the flower that is common in many clothes... Good to know it really exists!

Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I have some hibiscus seeds I bought because hibiscus tea is delicious and it lowers blood pressure. Your plants are lovely.

I don't know anything about them, though. Are they big plants? Are they vines? Do they need full sun?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have some hibiscus seeds I bought because hibiscus tea is delicious and it lowers blood pressure. Your plants are lovely.

I don't know anything about them, though. Are they big plants? Are they vines? Do they need full sun?

Hibiscus is known to have many health properties but sadly I have not made any use of them except admire them on the plants. The plants are quite tall . If they are not trimmed they could grow taller. They need moderate sun.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They all are beautiful! I've never tried to grow hibiscus, but I sometimes drink hibiscus tea. It's really good!
A shoe flower is a funny name:) Where did it come from?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
They all are beautiful! I've never tried to grow hibiscus, but I sometimes drink hibiscus tea. It's really good!
A shoe flower is a funny name:) Where did it come from?
It is said that the petals were used to polish shoes.

Reaction score
I make an infusion with the red dry hibiscus flowers :) I drink it with sugar, but over here is a popular drink when you add sugar to it. Love it! By the way, I had no idea there were yellow and pink hibiscus out there! I had the red variety growing in my garden only.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I make an infusion with the red dry hibiscus flowers :) I drink it with sugar, but over here is a popular drink when you add sugar to it. Love it! By the way, I had no idea there were yellow and pink hibiscus out there! I had the red variety growing in my garden only.
I have other colours too but we can only post 10 (lol). I must try doing that. I have so many flowers blooming every single day.

Reaction score
Yes, you should do it. Over here that drink is so popular and perfect for this hot season! What other colors do you have? :O I'm curious! I was quite amazed when I saw a yellow and pink hibiscus o_O Don't tell me there is a purple hibiscus out there? o_O

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Yes, you should do it. Over here that drink is so popular and perfect for this hot season! What other colors do you have? :O I'm curious! I was quite amazed when I saw a yellow and pink hibiscus o_O Don't tell me there is a purple hibiscus out there? o_O
I have a peach
I have a peach and a white and also a pure yellow - must search my folder. There will definitely be a purple I am sure. There is the Hawaiian variety which are quite large. Here is a link - feast on it (lol)

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=h...fIZSruQS50YGACw&ved=0CDQQ7Ak&biw=1440&bih=791

Ask a Question