Hibiscus

Reaction score
Country
United States
20210524_134650.jpg

Please help!!! I don't know what is going on with my hibiscus plant. It was beautiful full n green. Suddenly it started to get like this. I started to water it, a rep at Home Depot told me it needed water, that didn't send to help. Then I thought maybe I over watered, I stopped for 3 days. Flowers are still blooming, but after stopping the leaves aren't getting any better, they're still yellow n the whole tree is getting worse :-( I don't know what else to go

Reaction score
Country
United States
Perhaps it was dry. The yellow will not recover but it does look a bit droopy.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm devastating. I'm not sure what to do now. I can't let it go. Any suggestions

I am definitely no pro so I do not want to give you any bad advice. But if it was mine I would be sure to monitor the amount of water and feed it’s getting. Is any of the new growth coming in green? It’s possible it could be hungry? Is it in a pot or in the ground?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm not an expert either, however I have been "fostering" a friend's hibiscus tree for about a year now. When I got it, it was in bad shape with withered leaves and yes, they stared turning yellow. I plucked off the yellow, dying leaves so that the tree could expend it's energy on new, healthy growth. It was actually bare for like a month. After researching, I decided to make a large humidity tray to put underneath it (I used an old christmas tree tray and filled it with rocks then added water). Be sure the rocks are placed so the pot can still drain. Then I added a little bit of new soil on top of the soil in the pot so that it could get more nutrients when being watered. Also, I have a spray bottle and generously spray all the leaves top and bottom everyday. They seem to like a lot of water and LIGHT. I moved it to the sunniest room we have. Remember, they are tropical plants really so try and channel Hawaii conditions: Warm, Sunny and Wet. My husband and I called this "Hibiscus Hospice" and this spring it has grown new green leaves and had 43 buds on it at one point! It is still not completely full of leaves but after thinking it was a gonner I am so happy at where it is now. I hope this helps somewhat, good luck. Here is a before and some after shots.

20200918_182645.jpg

20210607_081654.jpg

20210522_132547.jpg

Ask a Question