Hibiscus is so exotic and beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
We have been taking care of the landlords property while they are on vacation, and part of that job, has been to water the flowers and garden. They have an awesome flower garden with roses, cannas, iris, and lots of other beautiful flowers, some of which are now blooming.
The orange hibiscus is so bright, it almost glows, and I just had to take my iPhone along so I could take a picture of it to show everyone here.
Maybe next year, I can have one of these gorgeous plants, I just love the look of it.
Does anyone know how they propagate ? Should I ask the landlady for some seeds, or a start of the plant, or what ? image.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Stunning colour happyflowerlady they are ever so pretty plants.

Reaction score
I wish we could grow hibiscus here, but I'm sure they wouldn't do well. I guess I'll have to make a trip to Hawaii someday!

Reaction score
I read online that you should propagate the hibiscus from cuttings with rooting hormone. Supposedly if you do it from seeds the flower won't look true to the parent plant, you'll end up with a different looking flower. Thanks for sharing the photo. Those flowers are gorgeous.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a beautiful photo! :) My parents have a large hibiscus which has been thriving in their conservatory - they have taken lots of cuttings for friends and family. Ask the landlady if she minds you taking a cutting - I'm sure she'll be happy for you to!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's a really gorgeous flower, I love the picture! It looks very romantic. I've never tried growing hibiscus... Is it possible to grow it indoors? I would like to give it a try:)

Reaction score
Oh my hibiscus died recently :( Thanks for showing us that amazing picture :) Sadly I know very little about hibiscus, but they really seem like great plants. I liked the fact mine blossomed daily! It must have been feeling quite well... until it died from cold :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
It's a really gorgeous flower, I love the picture! It looks very romantic. I've never tried growing hibiscus... Is it possible to grow it indoors? I would like to give it a try:)
I am growing it indoors. Started a few days ago and the the plant is already coming up through the soil. I am very excited to see how it works out as opposed to outside. Will take a picture of it and post the results every few weeks so you can know what to expect. My first time!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
We have been taking care of the landlords property while they are on vacation, and part of that job, has been to water the flowers and garden. They have an awesome flower garden with roses, cannas, iris, and lots of other beautiful flowers, some of which are now blooming.
The orange hibiscus is so bright, it almost glows, and I just had to take my iPhone along so I could take a picture of it to show everyone here.
Maybe next year, I can have one of these gorgeous plants, I just love the look of it.
Does anyone know how they propagate ? Should I ask the landlady for some seeds, or a start of the plant, or what ? View attachment 693
How about doing both? Never hurts to give it a try. I just planted a few seeds from a neighbor and already getting some results inside the house. I have a sunny laundry room and I think it will do well up to a certain point if I can keep it well nourished. Fabulous pix.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I am growing it indoors. Started a few days ago and the the plant is already coming up through the soil. I am very excited to see how it works out as opposed to outside. Will take a picture of it and post the results every few weeks so you can know what to expect. My first time!
This sounds great! I love when plants grow fast, because I'm a very impatient person. Gardening is so exciting:) Who knows, maybe I'll try growing hibiscus indoors too. I'll have a lot of free space in winter.
Please keep us posted about your plant:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Just a brief report about the Hibiscus. Going very slow indoors but still alive. What is taking off like a weed is my Morning Glory Flower. It was planted around the same time and it is at least 6 inches tall! I will be happy when mine starts to bloom. It already has it's true leaves and so this is promising so far.(y)

JoshPosh

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
All you have to do is cut a branch off and stick it into the ground. It will take root eventually. Most people in hawaii that I know stick multiple branch in the ground in a intertwining pattern so it forms a barrier when it grow out.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very pretty flower, I love the color. I see them in my area all the time but have not tried yet to grow them. I may just add them to my list for next year. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
We also have hibiscus. One is red and the other is yellow. They are really beautiful. :) Did you know that if you want to made bubble solution, you can crush hibiscus flowers to make the bubbles last more? :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I didn't know about it! I'll definitely give it a try. Blowing bubbles is one of my favorite things to do in summer:) I know it's childish, but I don't care;) Thank you very much for sharing this tip, Helagumamela.

Ask a Question