Hi!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi! I just joined this forum to hopefully get help with my marigolds. I replied to a May 22 post about them and added photos. My pride and joy are my hibiscus plants which I've grown for over 20 years. Fortunately, when I moved 6 years ago, I brought cuttings from the original plants and the photo below shows how they like their new home. I have an ongoing war with deer, and so far ultrasonic, motion sensored, deer repellers are working. My mom grew roses for decades, so my hibiscus plants are my "roses". I've also spent the last 3 years trying to keep 2 gardenia bushes alive and this summer the first one thrived and had lots of buds/blooms on it for the first time. The second one is growing very well but only had a few buds on it a few weeks ago. For the first time, the first plant now has a few buds on it for its second blooming season. The second plant only has 5 or 6 buds, but that's still a great improvement, for either of them to have a second blooming season. They are dwarf Crown Jewels. The plants are about 50% larger now than shown in the photo below. I welcome any ideas you may have for how I can get them to blood all summer! I'm in Zone 7, so right on the line for them.

Attachments

• Hibiscus 7-2022.jpg
    Hibiscus 7-2022.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Gardenias 6-2022.jpg
    Gardenias 6-2022.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice. I'm interested in growing hibiscus for using in drinks but I wasn't sure if there's a certain type that's best. Do you have wild dog rose locally? The ones near me have quite sweet and delicious petals when they gain some pink colour.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProNailComplex

Latest Threads