Hi guys new here

Reaction score
Country
United States
so i was wondering.......... i wanna take banana peels, coffee grounds, and egg shells and put them in a bottle let it sit for a few days then i wanna drain threw a strainer and put the liquid in a spray bottle and use that to water my seedlings(that are already growing true leafs).......... i then wanna take the left over stuff and bake it to make it dry all then crush into a dust using a mortar and pestle and use the dust as fertilizer.

1 would you guys recommend this?

2 would the coffee grounds sitting in water make the liquid there in acidic and ruing my seedlings?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Decomposing takes at least one month.
For example, homemade seaweed extract, which is also a leachate, takes three months to mature, comfrey, one month.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Have some newspapers, cardboard, dried leaves, and mix it in with vegetable scraps and you should have compost in a matter of months. Keep it moist and mix it around once a week for faster results.

You can put the egg shells in the bottled water. I've read that it gives plants extra calcium. I'm just not sure about the banana peel part. I know you can use it for composting bins, but water? I'm not so sure.

Also, you can get yourself some fertilizer. Composting feeds the soil, and the soil feeds the plants. You can buy fertilizer and feed the plants directly. Compot helps hold in the moisture in the soil.

Ask a Question