Hi from yorkshire, uk!

Reaction score
Hi

I live in Yorkshire in the UK (where spring is very slow to get going this year!) and have a house with a small garden for the first time! I've done some gardening in the past (mainly vegetables), but thought I should join some forums for a bit of advice regarding the huge amount of stuff I don't know! I'm pretty much starting from scratch as the garden is covered in paving and gravel, so I'm getting rid of lots to make room for plants and flowers. It's North/East facing so could be a bit of a challenge, but a little of it does get a reasonable amount of sun out of the shadows of the houses.

Looking forward to learning lots and reading about everyone else's gardens.

Jo

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Jo, welcome to the forums! Great to have you here :) I know what you mean about spring getting off to a slow start! Sounds like you have got a lot planned for this year, hopefully we can help! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

We're about 5 weeks behind down in Somerset.

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome! I can well believe Spring being 5 weeks behind, it's May and we are still getting some pretty decent frosts, it's still around freezing a lot of nights. It's frustrating because I want to make the most of more daylight, but at this rate midsummers day is going to be upon us before I can even get anything going properly!

I know plants are actually quite good most of the time at making up for the late start, but I'm starting to lose patience.

Ask a Question