Hi from Western Michigan!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm Katie from the Grand Rapids area. I've always been a pretty avid flower gardener and am hoping to dive head first into vegetable gardening this next year. I have a little patio garden going (basil, beans, tomatoes, cucumbers) but want to build a garden in my side yard next year. I'll be looking to you guys for insights so get ready :)

Glad to have found this spot!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the gardening forum. The first rule of breaking out into a new field of gardening is to reign in your ambitions! Many projects fail (including mine) because we get over ambitious and go too large too soon. Plan out what you would like to grow, then research what the plants need and what you will have to do to give that to them. Then grow things that are straightforward in the first year, like carrots, radishes and cabbages. these will also help you spot any potential pests you may have in your garden allowing you to plan out how you are going to deal with them as well!

Ask a Question