Hi from Northern Ontario

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been gardening for awhile and over the years it has turned into a passion and obsession!!!!(in a good way) i stumbled on this forum and it looks like it is fairly active and has a great amount of information. I have had a small backyard greenhouse for over 20 years and am happiest in the spring when i'm busy potting and repotting the seedlings, We seem to be into summer, not sure if we actually really had spring. it seems we went from snow a couple weeks back to 28C yesterday (for the Americain folk thats about 82F) My gardens style is more toward cottage as my perennial beds flow together, in the last 10 years i have established a small but productive veggy garden, concentrating on the trio..tomatoes, garlic and of course basil (its from the greenhouse all summer) Enclosed a couple of pics.. greenhouse pic is from last year, my garlic patch from yesterday and inside my greenhouse last night. looking forward to sharing and gathering information
_MG_3673.JPG_MG_3687.JPGIMG_1168.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1168.JPG
    IMG_1168.JPG
    358.8 KB · Views: 103
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
You live in a beautiful area. Been there many years ago, fishing. Forgot the name of the place we went to right now. But it was on a huge river. We stayed in cabins along the river, could hear the loons from our porch. so nice. Welcome.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes my perennial beds take up alot of room, over the years when splitting, rather then throwing them out they seem to get moved into a new bed/spot.. Pictures say a thousand words, I have attached a few, The backyard terraces down to a creek. Since i retired a couple years ago i have built a pizza oven and garden room, my little piece of haven . Sorry, i have to show off my daylilies
IMG_1421.JPG
IMG_5983.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6001.JPG
    IMG_6001.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_9506.JPG
    IMG_9506.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 99

Ask a Question