Hi from Belgium

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello, this looks like a great forum, I am glad to be here
My garden is about 240 sq feet. about 40sq feet for the patio and 40 sq feet for the hen, leaves me about 160 sq feet for a little lawn and veggies and a couple of small trees.
It's west facing. Two years ago, when we bouthg the house, it was an ivy jungle. It had ivy trees. We found 20 footballs, tons of other kids toys, almost an entire bathroom suite (including a bidet) underneath the vegetation.
Now we're actually growing stuff and hoping to lay a lawn.
Nice to meet you all :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Marbetu, welcome! It sounds as if you had quite a clean-up job when you purchased your home, but thankfully that's done and you're ready to plant. We will help, advise, and cheer you on!
(When we bought our farm, there was the remains of a telephone in the barn. We are still trying to figure that out!)

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome Marbetu. I got luckier than both of y'all. All we had was weeds, weeds, weeds, and volunteer saplings that I am afraid had to go. I have not been a member that long, but an avid gardener. Lots of great people with great advice on this forum.

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Marbetu, welcome! It sounds as if you had quite a clean-up job when you purchased your home, but thankfully that's done and you're ready to plant. We will help, advise, and cheer you on!
(When we bought our farm, there was the remains of a telephone in the barn. We are still trying to figure that out!)

Thank you :) I guess the barn landline just got abandoned once the cows got smartphones and internet. Happens every time.:LOL:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome @marbetu :).

What a great idea to hide old furniture - just stick it in the garden and let Ivy grow wild ;). I bet that was quite a job to get cleared!!!

Ask a Question