Hi everyone....

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new here. I don't really have a garden yet, as all the plants are in my kitchen in pots. But I will soon and am sure I will need lots of help since I've never even been able to keep house plants alive. Maybe that was more my cat's fault then mine. I am just finishing up my water garden and the surrounding landscape will be a perennial garden. Someday I hope it looks like an english cottage garden...

j.w

Reaction score
WELCOM1227788.gif
Jen
Love your avatar...........BYOB,lol! I've got a plant in my computer room my one cat eats all the time. It's a long hanging type of wandering jew and I just let her eat it and it seems to agree w/ her and keeps her out of my other ones. Seems like I've seen you somewhere before :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Thanks. You can make them at designhergals.com to look like you, and then get all sorts of things with the picture printed on them. I have thank you notes and stuff like that I use for my lia sophia business! I stopped keeping plants in the house at all. Emma eats them and then throws up everywhere. Yuck. So no plants. But my poor girl is getting pretty close to the end now, and I don't think we'll be getting another cat, at least not for a long time. SO maybe I'll try live plants then.

j.w

Reaction score
My cats would go outside and eat grass and then come in and chuck up all over but since I changed from Iams to Taste of the Wild food they don't eat like pigs and throw up right after they eat anymore and don't know if they still eat the grass or not now. Our cats both still have some yrs left but we prolly won't get another one either right away anyways after they are gone. Would like to be able to enjoy feeding the birds outside w/o cats for awhile. Don't get me wrong I love them both dearly and don't wish them gone.........poor things sitting here watching me type them into oblivion,lol!

Reaction score
Emma is a total housecat, if she even manages to get outside she freaks out right away and runs back in. She's 12 yrs old, but has mammory cancer, so she's down to her last days. :( She is so weird will chew on anything that resembles a plant or grass. Even the grass for the kids' Easter baskets!

j.w

Reaction score
I remember over on the pond forum you talking about her cancer. Sad for sure. My cats would freak out if they couldn't go outside. One will try to tare up the rug by the sliding back door if not let out........geez sometimes cats can be rough on the furnishings! Wish we had all hardwood floors. They don't scratch the furniture thankfully tho as I have a ton of cat scratchers and climbing high rise condo's. My DH just retired a year ago and now the next thing is to take these two cats that hate each other camping w/ us for long lengths of time. This should be interesting to say the least,lol!

Reaction score
Camping with cats? Hope you don't camp in a tent. That would suck if they decided to climb it! I can't imagine. It's a struggle with just my kids and dogs when we go. Emma could always take care of herself at home so she'd stay there! She has been pretty good as far as tearing up things. First time I ever went on vacation she shredded a shower curtain right in front of me after I got back. Clearly she wanted me to know she was pissed! She's roughed up the arm of a chair but it really isn't that bad. I was lucky in that sense with her since she was never declawed.

j.w

Reaction score
No we have a camper on the back of a truck and while we travel they will each have their own kennel to ride in. I've never taken them before but if we are gone for any longer than a week I think I need to cuz they would really be freaked w/ just neighbors checking in on them for longer than that. I bought harnesses for them and need to practice walking w/ them. Geez this could be a drama filled first trial run when we decide to go. I also have a metal collapsible cage for outdoors but they both can't be in there at the same time cuz like I said they don't like each other much and they are sisters!

j.w

Reaction score
I'm afraid so sissy. Ever since I took them to get spayed they haven't liked each other and that was 10yrs ago!

Reaction score
Welcome to the plant forum, Jen.
BTW, j.w., the plants are no longer known as Wandering Jews. It's politically incorrect. They are now called Meandering Israelites!
John

Ask a Question