Hey there from Rhode Island

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello people!

My husband and I recently bought a new house in Rhode Island. We have 3 beautiful children. Im the stay at home mom and I homeschool our two oldest children. I look forward to reading and learning more about taking care of the lawn and gardening. We have a 1/2 an acre of land in the back that needs tons of work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Howdy and welcome to the forum! I would love that much space! Right now we are living in Japan for about another 12 months at this stage and that's one of the biggest things I miss about living in the States!

Glad to have you here with us! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
India
Welcome! I'm sure you have heard of India and I've heard of Rhode Is., but cannot exactly recall its location. Half an acre on an island is something fortunate. We here calculate in inches while you measure in acres! A square inch of land costs so much here - prices have reached Mars. I guess it is in the tropics, warm weather... so there is every chance for you to enjoy the plants. If you really love a lawn, keep a small piece of it close to the house and spend more energy on growing plants and fruit trees in that abundant land space. Are there any trees already?
You may add/pin your location on the Members Map.
Have a good time here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)A warm welcome to the forums pres! Wow you can do so much with a half acre. And it can be such a good learning experience for you and your family. Really the learning never ends when one starts to engage Mother Nature and so good for the children (and the adults too). This must mean you own 1/8th of Rhode Island? :LOL:

Ask a Question