Hey from the UK!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to gardening, but I would love to transform my back yard! We already have a blackberry tree, a pear tree, and an abundance of borage, but I'd love to spend this spring/summer planting as many herbs, veggies and flowers as I can. Nice to meet you all!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @BusyBee it`s good to have you on board :) Maybe you can post some photos of your garden so we can have a nose. We like pictures!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Tetters, I'm a new gardener, so I'm just trying things and seeing what works. I've got 5 lettuce varieties, a tomato plant (with 7 tomatoes and many more flowers), coriander and basil. The bottom planters are empty at the moment, because a cat kept digging up the small lettuces. Here are some pics from the day we planted them and today (51 days later):

IMG_20210527_195305.jpg
Planters 2.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wondered where you went :unsure: Have you got anywhere you can plant things in the ground? What else will you be growing?
It looks like you have some nice lettuce (y)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking of growing a compact sweet pepper plant, but I haven't decided on a variety yet. I have seeds to grow chives, cress, white mustard, spinach, tarragon, and rocket. We also have sacks to grow potatoes. I'd like to grow things in the ground, but it would take up most of the space in my garden, so going vertical seems to be the best option. Although, I was thinking about dedicating a little bit of space to grow some other veggies like carrots, parsnips, golden zucchini, broccoli, or cauliflower.

Ask a Question